What is Baby Massage?
Baby Massage is soothing and relaxing, and is a careful balance of Swedish, Indian and Reflexology massage techniques. Depending on your baby’s needs, the massage treatment may focus more on specific areas of tension and discomfort that could be a result of colic e.g. the colon and back.
Massage oil is unfractionated coconut oil, unperfumed, delicate and like food for your baby’s skin.
How could your Baby Benefit from Baby Massage?
Baby massage can help to:
- Alleviate wind and constipation
- Soothe and relax your baby
- Promote relaxation and improve quality of sleep
- Regulate and strengthen the digestive system (which may reduce the discomfort of colic, wind and constipation)
- Reduce pain through increasing endorphins, the body’s natural painkillers
- Reduce levels of cortisol (stress hormone)
- Improve the general functioning of your baby's immune system
- Balance the nervous system
- Boost the respiratory system.