What is Baby Yoga?
Baby yoga is very similar to its adult counterpart; as a collection of gentle stretching exercises for your baby. The exercises can be combined with a simple song or two. This is a fun time to spend with your baby; babies love song – and they don't mind how you sound! And if you can get other family members involved too, so much the better!
There are a variety of fun whole body exercises and movements to learn. Some movements include swings and rolls and there are small changes of position to help stimulate and keep your little one interested and happy.
While you exercise your baby you can be exercising yourself; by practising different postures you can stretch, tone, relax and recharge.
How could your Baby Benefit from Baby Yoga?
It could help your baby to:
- Release held tension and stress
- Feel more relaxed
- Sleep more soundly and longer
- Have quality fun time with you which could help you both to deeply bond
- Experience whole brain stimulation, (good for their natural development)
- Feel good as the relaxing and ‘feel good’ hormone oxytocin is released in both of you!
Aslo could help to:
- Speed up mylenation develpement
- Improve the general functioning of their digestive systems
- Improve their immune system
- Strengthen their nervous system.